Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toeknee

Default How to calculate overtime hours in Excel using formulas?

I need information on how to enter the proper syntax (formula) so that excel
can calculate overtime hours. In california over 8 hrs in one day is
overtime. The 8 would be considered regular hours and anything over is OT.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Toeknee" wrote in message
I need information on how to enter the proper syntax (formula) so that
excel
can calculate overtime hours. In california over 8 hrs in one day is
overtime. The 8 would be considered regular hours and anything over is
OT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

If the hours worked in a given day are in cell B2, the overtime hours are
calculated by =max(0,b2-8). Basically, just subtract 8 (the regular hours).
The max ensures that you don't post negative OT hours if the total hours is
less than 8.
--Bruce