Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default what post hoc analysis does the one way ANOVA test use in excel?

struggling with some stats, somebody please help me! although excel whas
calculated my one way ANOVA test like i asked, i do not know what post hoc
anaylsis (if any!) it is using. i need to state this in my thesis so its
quite important!

Any help / info greatly appreciated

Helen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if either of these sites give you the information that you're asking for:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Statist...erics_in_Excel
http://org.elon.edu/econ/sac/anova.htm

--
Kevin Backmann

"helen" wrote:

struggling with some stats, somebody please help me! although excel whas
calculated my one way ANOVA test like i asked, i do not know what post hoc
anaylsis (if any!) it is using. i need to state this in my thesis so its
quite important!

Any help / info greatly appreciated

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Helen -

I don't think that Excel's Anova tool does _any_ "post hoc analysis."

If you find out that it does, please post. Thanks.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"helen" wrote in message
struggling with some stats, somebody please help me! although excel whas
calculated my one way ANOVA test like i asked, i do not know what post hoc
anaylsis (if any!) it is using. i need to state this in my thesis so its
quite important!

Any help / info greatly appreciated

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default what post hoc analysis does the one way ANOVA test use in exce

Thanks to you both that answered, every little helps!

Kevin: Unfortunately the two sites you sent me didnt entirely answer my
question, although the did contain a lot of useful information. Thanks.

Mike: Thanks for that - in that case then do you think i need to do one on
the data afterwards then? In which case, which one?! Sorry for asking loads
of questions!

Helen

"helen" wrote in message
struggling with some stats, somebody please help me! although excel whas
calculated my one way ANOVA test like i asked, i do not know what post hoc
anaylsis (if any!) it is using. i need to state this in my thesis so its
quite important!

Any help / info greatly appreciated

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , "Mike Middleton" wrote:
Helen -

I don't think that Excel's Anova tool does _any_ "post hoc analysis."

If you find out that it does, please post. Thanks.

... and I'd add that I would not like to see 'stats done using excel'
anywhere in a thesis. That would be definite points off. Suggest using a
stats package of some kind instead. :)

"helen" wrote in message
struggling with some stats, somebody please help me! although excel whas
calculated my one way ANOVA test like i asked, i do not know what post hoc
anaylsis (if any!) it is using. i need to state this in my thesis so its
quite important!

Any help / info greatly appreciated

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ANOVA tool pack won't load

All,
I'm trying to load the Analysis tool pack but it doesn't seem to load, I
need to do the ANOVA function

"helen" wrote:

struggling with some stats, somebody please help me! although excel whas
calculated my one way ANOVA test like i asked, i do not know what post hoc
anaylsis (if any!) it is using. i need to state this in my thesis so its
quite important!

Any help / info greatly appreciated

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What Excel version are you using?
Have you followed these instructions for XL 2003?
1.. On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
2.. In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to Analysis
Toolpak, and then click OK.
Tip If Analysis Toolpak is not listed, click Browse to locate it.

3.. If you see a message that tells you the Analysis Toolpak is not
currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
4.. Click Tools on the menu bar. When you load the Analysis Toolpak, the
Data Analysis command is added to the Tools menu.
Then you need to use the command Tools | Data Analysis to access any tool in
the Toolpak
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme