Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Average of group!

Hello,

Monthly i make a download from our ERP system for calculating a KPI. The
download looks as follows

A----------------- B------C-----D------E-----F----G----
unique number - 01---hdg--8837--dffd--887
--------------------02---ooe--9989--eew--333
--------------------03---qqw--6567--ccs--4756 -average
unique number - 01---jkgu--5676-jhk---9797
--------------------02---ooe--9989--eew--343
--------------------03---ooe--9989--eew--335
--------------------04---ooe--9989--eew--239
--------------------05---qqw--6567--ccs--4756 -average
unique number - 01---jkgu--5676-jhk---9797
--------------------02---qqw--6567--ccs--4756
etc etc

Is it possible to calculate the average of column F per unique number in
column G. The number of rows per unique number is different and is different
per monthly download. Something like: calculate average of column F up to
next unique number in column A

I apreciate your help

unique number
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use Data Subtotal. Select Average in the function dropdown.
However, please note that the range must be sorted on column A.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com