Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Non Contiguous data in Excel 2007 Pie Charts

In Excel 2003 I could select data across different columns (as long as it was
in the same rows) by holding down the control key and clicking on the cells
for display in a pie chart.

This feature seems to be gone in Excel 2007 and I have only had success
graphing pie charts for data that is in neighboring columns.

Does anyone know if this is possible in Excel 2007 and how to properly
select the data?

Thanks,

Josh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I had no trouble selecting three non-contiguous cells by hold CTRL and then
using Insert to make a pie chart in Excel 2007 (beta release 2)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Josh P." <Josh wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I could select data across different columns (as long as it
was
in the same rows) by holding down the control key and clicking on the
cells
for display in a pie chart.

This feature seems to be gone in Excel 2007 and I have only had success
graphing pie charts for data that is in neighboring columns.

Does anyone know if this is possible in Excel 2007 and how to properly
select the data?

Thanks,

Josh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes, I also figured out that I could do it this way by first selecting the
data and then inserting the chart.
However, if I right click and Select Data.... it does not work. Not a very
good solution overall compared to the previous flexibility in Excel 2003. Now
I have to delete the old chart and create a new one everytime, paste in the
title, format everything, etc.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

I had no trouble selecting three non-contiguous cells by hold CTRL and then
using Insert to make a pie chart in Excel 2007 (beta release 2)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Never done it that way before. But it works in Excel 2007.
Insert -. Chart - pie chart
right click - source data
click the red thing in the dialog box (never did lean the name for the new
box that lets you type in it or by clicking the red at left lets you point
to cells)
Click cell1, hold CTLR and click cell 2 and then cell3
Send me a private email and I will send you a 'movie' of this happening -
made with Camtasia.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme