Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combining information from multiple tabs

I hope this is the right board, so here goes...

Hi all,

I know this has been covered many times over, but I just can't seem to
figure it out. I have an excel file that contains 93 tabs, all with the
same type of information, and I need to take the information from each
tab and combine it so that it has all the information from all 93 tabs
in one.....without having to copy and paste each tab, can someone
please help me with step by step instructions as to how to accomplish
this. I have looked at the posts where there are macros and such, but
I'm afraid that goes way over my head.

I am working on a project with a deadline of Friday and this
information would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Please help before I tear what little hair I have left.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=sum(Tab1:Tab93!c6) c6 being the cells of all 93 tabs being summed.
You can then copy this formula throughout the page.

I hope thats clear.

For cell
wrote:
I hope this is the right board, so here goes...

Hi all,

I know this has been covered many times over, but I just can't seem to
figure it out. I have an excel file that contains 93 tabs, all with the
same type of information, and I need to take the information from each
tab and combine it so that it has all the information from all 93 tabs
in one.....without having to copy and paste each tab, can someone
please help me with step by step instructions as to how to accomplish
this. I have looked at the posts where there are macros and such, but
I'm afraid that goes way over my head.

I am working on a project with a deadline of Friday and this
information would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Please help before I tear what little hair I have left.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for the quick reply!
Can you please elaborate on the "c6" cell. I just want to make sure
that I have it right...each of the 93 tabs have different amount of
information, so would this then copy the information from each and
paste in the new worksheet?. If so, do I have to set a range and how?

Sorry...I actually signed up for an excel course at a local college so
that I can better understand.

Mike

wrote:
I hope this is the right board, so here goes...

Hi all,

I know this has been covered many times over, but I just can't seem to
figure it out. I have an excel file that contains 93 tabs, all with the
same type of information, and I need to take the information from each
tab and combine it so that it has all the information from all 93 tabs
in one.....without having to copy and paste each tab, can someone
please help me with step by step instructions as to how to accomplish
this. I have looked at the posts where there are macros and such, but
I'm afraid that goes way over my head.

I am working on a project with a deadline of Friday and this
information would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Please help before I tear what little hair I have left.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is not copying and pasting, rather it is a formula summing those
cells. So if any of those cells change, your summary changes as well.

Rather than typing the formula, you can manually do it. It is really
much easier to do than to try and explain. But I will try.

Lets say you have tabs 1 through 93. And you are adding a summary
page. On the summary page, whichever cell you want your first sum,
type =sum( and then hold down your shift key, and on the bottom
click on tab 1 and then tab 93. (You should then see all 93 tabs
highlighted) then close your parenthesis ")" and enter. This will then
have summed all the cells on those 93 tabs.

wrote:
I hope this is the right board, so here goes...

Hi all,

I know this has been covered many times over, but I just can't seem to
figure it out. I have an excel file that contains 93 tabs, all with the
same type of information, and I need to take the information from each
tab and combine it so that it has all the information from all 93 tabs
in one.....without having to copy and paste each tab, can someone
please help me with step by step instructions as to how to accomplish
this. I have looked at the posts where there are macros and such, but
I'm afraid that goes way over my head.

I am working on a project with a deadline of Friday and this
information would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Please help before I tear what little hair I have left.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wow - sorry about that. Not sure why it posted 3 times. I obviously
did something wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

I'm trying but when I hit enter, and error message comes up. It's a box
that says formula contains errors. Maybe this will help: each tab
contains a name of a customer on one cell, the next is address, the
next is the city, etc.

Hope this helps you in helping me!

BobS9895 wrote:
Wow - sorry about that. Not sure why it posted 3 times. I obviously
did something wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm afraid I've been leading you down the wrong path. All along when
you said "combine" I thought you meant "sum". I thought we were
talking numbers, not labels.

Without seeing the worksheet and the layout, it would be difficult for
me to help you. However, even with labels, you can use a simple
formula to copy from different tabs. So once you got your initial
format and formulas determined, you could copy those formulas for all.

Your best bet may be to post new again, and explain in more detail the
information you have and what you want it to do. Maybe someone out
there can help you better than I can.

Sorry for the mixup.