Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bar Chart with bar data and another bar showing a range of data

I have to create a chart that has three columns that I would like to show as
two bars,the columns are one with a fixed amount and the other two with a
negative to positive range. Do you know how this could be done?

Ive included a sample of the data, the first numeric column would be the
first set of bars (2.5, 8.9, etc.) and the second two columns would be the
range set of bars (-5.3 to 10.3, etc.)

Sample 1 2.5 -5.3 10.3
Sample 2 8.9 -2.5 20.3
Sample 3 3.8 -7.4 14.9
Sample 4 0.0 -7.1 7.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Lay your data out in the range A1:E5

PosA PosB Pad NegB
Sample 1 2.5 10.3 0 -5.3
Sample 2 8.9 20.3 0 -2.5
Sample 3 3.8 14.9 0 -7.4
Sample 4 0 7.1 0 -7.1

Create as clustered column chart.
Double click NegB series and set Axis to secondary
Select Pad series and also set Axis to secondary

Delete secondary Y axis.
Double click X axis and set tick labels to low.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel