SteveHoot

Default Help... File Not Saved

One thing - make sure that if saving to a network share you have read, write
and delete permissions. If you don't have delete permissions you cannot save.
(Excel creates a temp file first, then saves, then tries to delete the temp
file. If the temp file cannot be delete you won't be able to save)

Steve.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I got nothin' more.

Good luck,

Laser wrote:

Thanks Dave,

No, I don't think that can be it, I can copy the files in question to other
computers on the network and they behave the same.

Mike

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
We had one person at work who was getting a similar error (although I
don't
recall if it was the same).

They were saving to the smallest partition on their harddisk and didn't
have
enough space to save larger files.

Any chance???

(I got nothin' more!)

Laser wrote:

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response

Do you see "readonly" in the workbook's title/caption?
No

Can you do File|SaveAs and save it as a new name?
No (same message File Not Saved)

Do you have any macros running that could be interfering with the
process?
No (Disabled all macros and same result)

What happens if you disable your Antivirus software?
Same ( Disabled McAfee and same result <File Not Saved)

Does this happen with every workbook or just this one/set?
Some files in the same directory work fine. I have not been able to
identify why some file can be saved and some can't. The ones I can't
save
now I was ably to save fine only last week. They just stopped working for
some (as of yet) unexplained reason.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Do you see "readonly" in the workbook's title/caption?

Can you do File|SaveAs and save it as a new name?

Do you have any macros running that could be interfering with the
process?

What happens if you disable your Antivirus software?

Does this happen with every workbook or just this one/set?

Laser wrote:

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion but no help.

Any other ideas?

Mike

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
one idea: try deleting the temp directory and reboot the computer

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Laser" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am using Office 97 and Win XP Pro SR2. I have a spreadsheet that
use to
track monthly expenditures. Every month I make a copy of the most
recent
worksheet carry the balance forward and delete the entries from the
previous
month and name the new worksheet according to the current month.
Therefore I
have a workbook that has several worksheets, one for each month as
tab on
bottom of page.

After copying the worksheet for this month, and making the updates,
clicked save and I receive the error message <File Not Saved. I've
tried
renaming the file and even copied it to a different directory I can
open the
file but still can't save it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,