Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Accellerate

Default HOW DO I CHANGE THE EXCEL CURSOR TO AN ARROW FROM A CROSS ?

usually, the cursor on spreadsheets is an arrow. when you enclose a word, you
can move it to another cell, you can drag the cell starting from (i.e. a and
you can stop it at z) from March to January etc. my cursor is a cross like
pointer which does not respond to any such commands. This occurrance is
recent so I would imagine it was created by a finger movement changing some
configuaration casuing this problem to occur.

As i am a business plan developer, these missing commands is a great
handicapp for me as it slows down my work consideraly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Maybe ToolsOptionsEdit.

Check "enable cell drag and drop"

BTW...........normally the cursor on Excel sheets is a fat white cross unless
you are pointing off the sheet..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP