Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Visible Row?

Howdie...

Is it possible to write a formulae to tell whether a row a7 in this eg,
is visible or not?

I hide it or unhide it depending on what a user selects.

I know want to run something else depending if it is hidden or not...
and the user needs to be able to alter his choice....

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Darin

something along the following lines

Sub testvisible()
If Rows(7).Hidden = True Then
MsgBox "hidden"
Else
MsgBox "not hidden"

Cheers
JulieD

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message
Howdie...

Is it possible to write a formulae to tell whether a row a7 in this eg,
is visible or not?

I hide it or unhide it depending on what a user selects.

I know want to run something else depending if it is hidden or not...
and the user needs to be able to alter his choice....

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub XXX()
If Range("A7").EntireRow.Hidden Then
MsgBox "The row is hidden"
Else
MsgBox "the row is visible"

is a start. You don't say how a user is given a choice or how to determine
what the user's choice is.

Tom Ogilvy

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message
Howdie...

Is it possible to write a formulae to tell whether a row a7 in this eg,
is visible or not?

I hide it or unhide it depending on what a user selects.

I know want to run something else depending if it is hidden or not...
and the user needs to be able to alter his choice....

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Howdie...

Thanks... I put it into a VBA module, but where do I see the result....?

In a cell type =testvisible ??

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Darin

choose in the workbook tools / macro / macros and click on testvisible and
choose run - a message box will be displayed.

I understood that you wanted to use this test inside some code you already
had ... rather than in a cell ... did i misunderstand?