Scarface

Default enable Excel to recognize Cell Colors

we have been trying to use available functions in excel to create a report
(on their own or included with other functions), but none of them were able
to give us the correct resault. if we could have a function that can be
embedded in a fourmula to recognize a CELL COLOR in the database, it'd be
alot easier and we could do alot more with this software.

please see if this is possible.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Chip Pearson

No built in function can test for cell color. See
www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for some VBA code that might
help.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Scarface" wrote in message
we have been trying to use available functions in excel to
create a report
(on their own or included with other functions), but none of
them were able
to give us the correct resault. if we could have a function
that can be
embedded in a fourmula to recognize a CELL COLOR in the
database, it'd be
alot easier and we could do alot more with this software.

please see if this is possible.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds
to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based
Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Ron de Bruin

Hi Scarface

My Beta version 2.1 of EasyFilter can filter on Colors(not CF colors)
Maybe useful
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin