Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to multiply two values and round the result

I have a result of a function that multiplies two cells (currency and a
percent) that I would like rounded to the nearest dollar. Where do I tell
excel to round the result?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to multiply two values and round the result

To multiply two values and round the result in Excel, you can use the ROUND function. Here are the steps:
  1. In a blank cell, type the formula to multiply the two values. For example, if you want to multiply cell A1 (currency) by cell B1 (percent), the formula would be "=A1*B1".
  2. To round the result to the nearest dollar, wrap the formula in the ROUND function. The syntax for the ROUND function is "ROUND(number, num_digits)". In this case, the "number" is the formula you just typed, and the "num_digits" is 0 (since you want to round to the nearest dollar). So the final formula would be "=ROUND(A1*B1,0)".
  3. Press Enter to calculate the result. The rounded result will be displayed in the cell.

That's it! Excel will now multiply the two values and round the result to the nearest dollar. You can copy and paste the formula to other cells if you need to apply it to multiple rows or columns.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ROUND(your_formula,0)

Peo Sjoblom

"PirateJoe" wrote in message
I have a result of a function that multiplies two cells (currency and a
percent) that I would like rounded to the nearest dollar. Where do I tell
excel to round the result?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean
=ROUND(A1*B1,2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"PirateJoe" wrote:

I have a result of a function that multiplies two cells (currency and a
percent) that I would like rounded to the nearest dollar. Where do I tell
excel to round the result?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi PirateJoe,

=round(formula)

then format the cell to display as currency.
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"PirateJoe" wrote:

I have a result of a function that multiplies two cells (currency and a
percent) that I would like rounded to the nearest dollar. Where do I tell
excel to round the result?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=ROUND(A2*B2,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PirateJoe" wrote in message
I have a result of a function that multiplies two cells (currency and a
percent) that I would like rounded to the nearest dollar. Where do I tell
excel to round the result?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can round the actual value using ROUND(A1,0)

Or you can round the display by choosing Format, Cells, Number tab,
currency, 0 decimal places.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire