Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mer

Default LOOKUP FUNCTION

I need to use the lookup function.

Spreadsheet A looks like this Spreadsheet B

1 Now is the time for 1 Now is not the time
2 Ask Not What Your 2 Ask Not What Your
3 Where Did Mary Go 3 Where Did Mary Go
4 All Good Boys Did Fine 4 All the Boys Are Back in

I want to place and use this formula in Spreadsheet B to lookup if what's in
Spreadsheet B exists in spreadsheet A, then populate
new column new spreadsheet with results (that is the matching data). In
this case should be rows 2 and 3 only that matches Spreadsheet A. And I
don't understand the formula.

HELP HELP HELP HELP !! I'm sinking fast ----- Deadline approaches.....

=LOOKUP(B1,[SpreadsheetA.xls]DELIVERY_149!$F:$F,[SpreadsheetA.xls]DELIVERY_149!$G:$G)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

One play, using non-array formulas ..

Sample illustration at:
http://cjoint.com/?cvdmT1zjk3
LookUp 2 sheets n Extract matches in other sheet_Mer_wks.xls

Assume the source data is in sheets named: A, B
data in cols A and B, from row1 down
(col B contains the text to be matched)

In a new sheet: C

Put in A1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL($C:$C,ROW())),"",
INDEX(B!A:A,MATCH(SMALL($C:$C,ROW()),$C:$C,0)))
Copy A1 to B1

Put in C1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B!B1,A!B:B,0)),ROW(),"")

Select A1:C1, fill down to cover
the extent of the data in sheet: B

The above will return the required results from B,
all neatly bunched at the top
--
Max
Singapore