Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pfeif0

Default x axis on graphs/charts not show up for suppressed zeros

Hello,
My problem is clearly stated in the example below...
Example: I have 50 failure codes that have occurred throughout the
fiscal year, but only 5 to 7 of those 50 codes actually occur every
month. In my macro I have to include all 10 codes because at some point
in the year they will all occur. When I pull by month for the 20 lanes I
am concerned about I want to know a way to only graph the 5-7 failure
codes that occurred that month (not all 50 where there will be some
blanks in the chart/graph).

Previous response:
Tools-Options. Then choose chart tab. I think the chart has to be
selected first
I think you want the "Not Plotted" option

Yes i am currently using that...it is checked but it is still
generating the code as the x-axis when the zero is still not plotted.

I know how to suppress zeros in a graph, but when the zeros are
suppressed how do you make the respective code that is on the x-acis
not show up so that the graph doesnt have these 50 codes on the bottom
and only 5 bars with data. I want the 50 codes to drop to the only 5
that have a populated number so the graph is not huge.

Thanks as always,
Keith P

--
Pfeif0