Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to erase all spaces in text cell?

With TRIM function it is possible to erase only double spaces but I need to
erase all spaces in a text cell.
Do I have to use VBA funaction?
Tnx in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

You can use a combination of CLEAN and SUBSTITUTE, something like:
=CLEAN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",CHAR(13)))

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"D" wrote:

With TRIM function it is possible to erase only double spaces but I need to
erase all spaces in a text cell.
Do I have to use VBA funaction?
Tnx in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use the edit replace command and replace a single space with nothing at
all.