Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I change screen layout in Excel?

I don't know how, but one of my students has changed a setting in Excel.
Column headings begin at the right side of the worksheet. Additionally, the
row headings are also shown on the right side of the worksheet. Everything
seems to be working in reverse within the worksheet. The toolbars and menu
bar are correctly shown on the screen. Can someone please help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Tools|Options|International tab|Right to left section.

And if/when you see 1 2 3 ... going across the top instead of A B C ..., you'll
find that under:
Tools|Options|General Tab|uncheck R1C1 reference style.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Ps. If this kid did this by accident, don't do this.

Bbut if he/she did it as a prank, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's
"menu Shenanigan's":

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm

D. Squires wrote:

I don't know how, but one of my students has changed a setting in Excel.
Column headings begin at the right side of the worksheet. Additionally, the
row headings are also shown on the right side of the worksheet. Everything
seems to be working in reverse within the worksheet. The toolbars and menu
bar are correctly shown on the screen. Can someone please help me with this?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thank yolu for responding to my post. That solves my problem, and will
certainly keep the other students who share that computer from losing their
minds. Thank you again.