Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default value expression

I have a formula that states =(e9*50)+"10"
I'd like to make this formula conditional where it only does calculates the
formula if e9 0

so.. how do you do a simple "if" statement please?
( if e9<0 then F9=0 else F9 = (e9*50)+10 ) is what I'm trying to accomplish.
Thanks!
RayB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this

=if(e9<0,0,(e9*50)+10 )
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"RayB" wrote:

I have a formula that states =(e9*50)+"10"
I'd like to make this formula conditional where it only does calculates the
formula if e9 0

so.. how do you do a simple "if" statement please?
( if e9<0 then F9=0 else F9 = (e9*50)+10 ) is what I'm trying to accomplish.
Thanks!
RayB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank You! I'm obviously a novice, and kept getting errors - I greatly
appreciate your help and quick responses.
Ray B.

"galimi" wrote:

Ray,

=if(e90,e9*50+10,0)

This is based on the assumption that this formula is being place in cell F9
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"RayB" wrote:

I have a formula that states =(e9*50)+"10"
I'd like to make this formula conditional where it only does calculates the
formula if e9 0

so.. how do you do a simple "if" statement please?
( if e9<0 then F9=0 else F9 = (e9*50)+10 ) is what I'm trying to accomplish.
Thanks!
RayB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

maybe this will not confuse me

=--(E90)*(E9*50+10)

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"RayB" wrote:

I have a formula that states =(e9*50)+"10"
I'd like to make this formula conditional where it only does calculates the
formula if e9 0

so.. how do you do a simple "if" statement please?
( if e9<0 then F9=0 else F9 = (e9*50)+10 ) is what I'm trying to accomplish.
Thanks!
RayB.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

driller,

=--(E90)*(E9*50+10)

In this case you don't need the double unary to coerse the TRUE/FALSE (E90)
into 1 or zero, the multiplication will do it for you

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk