Len Pace

Default Text wider than one cell is not displayed in the next empty cell

I have just installed Office 2003. In Excel, when entering text that is
wider than one cell, the portion that is outside of the current cell does not
appear in the empty cells to the right. There is no text and no obvious
formatting to the empty cell. I can't seem to find what I assume to be a
formatting problem in the current cell.
Greg

Len,
Try going to Office Update page
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/of...e/default.aspx) and install
2003 updates. I am running 2003 (fully patched) and I am not having this
problem.

Just a thought

"Len Pace" wrote:

I have just installed Office 2003. In Excel, when entering text that is
wider than one cell, the portion that is outside of the current cell does not
appear in the empty cells to the right. There is no text and no obvious
formatting to the empty cell. I can't seem to find what I assume to be a
formatting problem in the current cell.

Dave Peterson

I'd verify that that adjacent cell is really empty.

Select it and hit the delete key on your keyboard.

If that didn't help, maybe that cell (with your long text) is set to wrap text.

Format|cells|alignment tab|uncheck WrapText.

--

Dave Peterson
Len Pace

Dave (and Greg on previous email),

Thanks for your thoughts. Sorry to report that neither of these proposed
fixes works. BTW I should mention that I have updated my Book1 template with
headers and footers. I don't believe that I changed anything in the
formatting. Other ideas??

Len

Len Pace wrote:

I have just installed Office 2003. In Excel, when entering text that is
wider than one cell, the portion that is outside of the current cell does not
appear in the empty cells to the right. There is no text and no obvious
formatting to the empty cell. I can't seem to find what I assume to be a
formatting problem in the current cell.

--

Dave Peterson

Len Pace

I have fixed my problem, though not yet determined what is wrong. I took
one of my old spreadsheets that did not have the problem of extending long
text into the next cell, cleaned up all formatting, and eliminated all data
in it. Essentially, I created a new blank spreadsheet from an older one.
Then I saved it as my Book.xlt template. I think that this should help from
here on in.

If you find out the problem, I'd be interested in hearing about it though.