Anthony

Default create menus in excel worksheet

hi,

As a novice to Excel programming the answer to this question could be easy,
or difficult.
I have a worksheet which I want to add two drop down menus - just like in
the normal excel application that will on selection give me a drop down menu
of subjects. When a certain subject has been chosen a specific task will be
carried out.

For example two drop down menus in exel that I want to create in a 'cell' on
my worksheet are "View" and "Tools". When the user selects "view" the menu
appears with subjects such as "graph", "stats", "Telephone" and once one of
these subjects is chosen the relevant worksheet for that subject is opened.

Hope I have made myself clear, and thanks for your help

Regards

Anthony

JulieD

Hi Anthony

Debra Dalgleish has notes on dependant drop down lists on her site
(http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html)... what you'll need to do then
is code a worksheet_change event so when an option in the second list is
chosen that worksheet is displayed.

e.g.

If Target.Address = "$C$1" And Not IsNull(Target.Value) Then
Sheets(Target.Value).Activate

- if the names of the items in the second drop down are the same as the
sheet names .. .

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD