Massive

Default i've got a simple excel problem that needs solving...

Hello, i'm new to the wonderful world of all thing's Microsoft, I've got
Excel 2004 for the Mac and i'm having to use it as a database for my large
record collection as they don't make Access for the Mac unfortunately.

I need a custom worksheet of just 4 columns long, the reason being that when
i get to the last column in the row (the rows being Artist, Title, Label,
Comment) i want the cursor to jump to the 1st column of the next row when i
press TAB as this would save a lot of time when inputting my record names.
(instead of moving the cursor down with the arrow and key's and then moving
it back four everytime)

The number of row's will depend on how many records i have....

Can someone tell me how to do this... i've tried the help funtion within the
program but can't seem to get any further and deleting columns from the insrt
menu doesn't seem to have the affect i want or need.

Many thanks

Hi
One way is to select columns A:D before you start. Each time you hit TAB, it
will take you through only those columns. So the order would go: A1, B1, C1,
D1, A2, B2, C2, D2, A3, ETC

--
Andy.

"Massive" wrote in message
[...]

massive

Hello, Thanks for replying. I need to be inputting data as i go along though.
If i select all the boxes it will de-select as soon as i begin to type!

Is there anyway to get a custom 4 column worksheet??

Regards,

Jay

"Massive" wrote in message
[...]

Otto Moehrbach

One way is to use a Worksheet_Change event macro. In that macro, write code
to place the active cell in Column A of the next row if something is entered
into the D column. That macro would look something like this:
If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target = "" Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 4 Then _
Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select
End Sub
This is a sheet event macro and must be placed in the sheet module for the
sheet in question. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select View
Code, and paste this macro into the displayed module. HTH Otto