Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JRD JRD is offline

Default Y error bars

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to adjust the width of the horizontal
portion of the y error bar. I want it to be the same width as the bars on my
bar chart.

Thanks

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Technically you are limited to what you can do with error bars. You can work
around these limitations but its quite a chore. For example, create two
additional series one with a value of the lower error bar, the other with a
value of the amount the upper error bar extends beyond the lower. Add these
two series to the chart. One at a time change their axis to the Secondary
axis. Then change their type to Stacked column. Then change the color of
the lower series to none along with the border for that series. You may need
to also change the series order to get the error bars in front of the data.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JRD" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to adjust the width of the horizontal
portion of the y error bar. I want it to be the same width as the bars on my
bar chart.

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Again,

One other solution - get Excel 2007 - it allows you to control the width of
the error bars.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire