Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text to columns 2007

Greetings all!

I am working with an 07 Excel spreadsheet and would like to use the Text to
Columns feature. It is working just fine. However, I'd like to take it one
step further and have the destination cell be on a separate spreadsheet.
When I change the destination, I get an error message that says Destination
reference is not valid.

Here is what I have listed for the destination: =Sheet2!$A$2

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chimelle

The destination has to be on the same sheet, even using range names on
another sheet which sometimes works.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Chimelle" wrote in message
Greetings all!

I am working with an 07 Excel spreadsheet and would like to use the Text
Columns feature. It is working just fine. However, I'd like to take it
one
step further and have the destination cell be on a separate spreadsheet.
When I change the destination, I get an error message that says
Destination
reference is not valid.

Here is what I have listed for the destination: =Sheet2!$A$2

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nick,

Thanks for the information! I guess I'll just paste on the same sheet and
then copy to new destination if required.