Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 - change interval between labels on X axis

I have two layers of labels on the X axis.Top labels are days of the
month 1-30 or 31. Under that is the month - May, June etc. I cannot
seem to change the interval between labels, to show for example days
of the month as 1, 3, 5 ... rather than 1, 2, 3 ... I can change the
interval in the Format Axis dialogue box but this does not flow
through to the chart. I'm thinking it is something to do with having
two layers of labels. Anyone have any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I think it's because of the compound axis. In Excel 2003, you aren't even
given the impression that you can change this spacing: the controls are
disabled. They just didn't have time to make the dialogs "nice" for the
release of 2007.

Why not keep your complete date in a cell, and use a date-scale axis? It is
more flexible and less cluttered than a two-layer axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"artemis" wrote in message
I have two layers of labels on the X axis.Top labels are days of the
month 1-30 or 31. Under that is the month - May, June etc. I cannot
seem to change the interval between labels, to show for example days
of the month as 1, 3, 5 ... rather than 1, 2, 3 ... I can change the
interval in the Format Axis dialogue box but this does not flow
through to the chart. I'm thinking it is something to do with having
two layers of labels. Anyone have any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for responding Jon. Normally I do use a date format but in this
particular case the dual layer of labels gives a clearer picture of
what's going on in the data. I will experiment with some other formats
though.