Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
THBCFLO

Default How do I change the width a specific cell w/o changing whole page

I need to change a specific cell without changing all the cells in the whole
document
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas

An entire column is always the same width as any cell in the column. Your
best bet is to look into Merge cells, but that doesn't "really" do what
you're asking.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"THBCFLO" wrote in message
I need to change a specific cell without changing all the cells in the
whole
document

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There ara two ways:
1. Left click with your mouse on the division line between the columns
at the top of the spreadsheet and drag it to the width you want. All
the cells in that column will be the same width, but not the rest of
the page.

2. Highlight the cell and the one next to it.. Go to Format/ Cells/
Alignment and check both the Merge Cells block and the Wrap Text block,
then OK. Repeat as necessary, or include more cells, or use method #1
also. ed