Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default save changes in Excel window appearing when none have been made?

I am having a problem when I close any document, incl. a new one in Excel
rather than reverting automatically to my Desktop, I am asked whether I want
to save changes although none have been
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

heide wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:36:00 -0700:

h I am having a problem when I close any document, incl. a new
h one in Excel rather than reverting automatically to my
h Desktop, I am asked whether I want to save changes although
h none have been

Could there be a function in the document like NOW() or else
grammar or spell checking detecting what it thinks is an error
that you refuse to correct?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"James Silverton" wrote:

heide wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:36:00 -0700:

h I am having a problem when I close any document, incl. a
new
h one in Excel rather than reverting automatically to my
h Desktop, I am asked whether I want to save changes
although
h none have been

Could there be a function in the document like NOW() or else
grammar or spell checking detecting what it thinks is an
error
that you refuse to correct?

I can't speak for Excel but, in Word if a document is opened
containing previously ignored "suggestions", I think I get asked
that question even if I have done nothing.

--
Jim Silverton
Potomac, Maryland