Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!

Good day all,

I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data.
I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I
just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found.
Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they
both cover the same surface of existence.

i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build
from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but
does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter chart
(marker and no line). Now, format the marker to the smallest possible size.
Optionally, you may want to fiddle with the color of the marker (just
remember to set both the background and foreground)

--

Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

" wrote:

Good day all,

I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data.
I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I
just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found.
Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they
both cover the same surface of existence.

i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build
from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but
does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy Pope has a VBA procedure that may be just what you need.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/convexhull.htm

Kelly O'Day

http://processtrends.com

oups.com...