Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Rob Rob is offline

Default Why am I prompted to save changes I haven't made in Excel 2002?

When I try to close an Excel document I have opened, I am consistently asked
by Excel "Do I wish to save the changes I have made" when I haven't knowingly
made any changes. Can anybody tell me why this is happening and how to stop
it please?
--
robuk2005
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

rob, Some functions in excel are "volatile", they will re-calculate every
time excel is opened, this will make the worksheet change even if you don't
make any changes.

Have a look here for a list and more information about it

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003