Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dstock

Default Scanning paper spreadsheet into excel

I hope I have the right forum. Does anyone know of a program that can
scan a piece of paper that is basically a spreadsheet into excel?

I have printed trade records that I can only view. When I print them
out to have a hard copy they look exactly like an excel printout. I
want to scan them with my scanner and be able to save into an excel
file, anyone know a program that can do this?

--
dstock
dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24225

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Your scanner should have software with it that will do this in some limited
fashion. You are looking for OCR software. Some of the packages are
TextBridge, OmniPage, ReadIris. Check your scanner documentation