Matt Cromer

Default Fill Color with Keyboard Function

Is there a Key Combination that will fill the selected cell with the color
that is selected on the pallet...as opposed to having to mouse to the pallet
at the top of the workbook????

Thanks!
Matt
Chip Pearson

No, there is no such keyboard shortcut. And, as far as I know,
there is no programmatic way to determine what color is the
current pallet color.

"Matt Cromer" wrote in
message
Is there a Key Combination that will fill the selected cell
with the color
that is selected on the pallet...as opposed to having to mouse
to the pallet
at the top of the workbook????

Thanks!
Matt

Matt Cromer

Chip -
FYI
I happended on to this as I was testing to see if CTRL + Y was used for any
other function, as I was going to assign a macro to that keyboard shortcut.
That happend to be exactly the shortcut I was looking for.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

No, there is no such keyboard shortcut. And, as far as I know,
there is no programmatic way to determine what color is the
current pallet color.

"Matt Cromer" wrote in
message
Is there a Key Combination that will fill the selected cell
with the color
that is selected on the pallet...as opposed to having to mouse
to the pallet
at the top of the workbook????

Thanks!
Matt

Chip Pearson

Matt,

Ctrl+Y repeats the last action, so it will do the fill only if
that was the last function performed.

"Matt Cromer" wrote in
message

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

No, there is no such keyboard shortcut. And, as far as I know,
there is no programmatic way to determine what color is the
current pallet color.

"Matt Cromer" wrote in
message
Is there a Key Combination that will fill the selected cell
with the color
that is selected on the pallet...as opposed to having to
mouse
to the pallet
at the top of the workbook????

Thanks!
Matt

Matt Cromer

Chip -

Ok, I did not catch on that is what is was doing...but that will be fine and
should prove helpful for other things as well...

Thanks again!

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

No, there is no such keyboard shortcut. And, as far as I know,
there is no programmatic way to determine what color is the
current pallet color.

"Matt Cromer" wrote in
message
Is there a Key Combination that will fill the selected cell
with the color
that is selected on the pallet...as opposed to having to
mouse
to the pallet
at the top of the workbook????

Thanks!
Matt

Dave Peterson

Depending on what version of excel you're using, you can actually tear off that
dialog.

In xl2002+ (not sure about earlier)...

Click on that little dropdown arrow to see the palette.

Grab that dialog by the top border and drag it closer to your cells to change.

(Just slightly faster than going all the way up to the top of the screen!)

--

Dave Peterson

Fill the entire column with a function [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 29th 05 11:26 AM
I have a list of data, fill in the gaps. FILL function won't work Triv Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 17th 05 02:33 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
HOW TO USE FIND OR SEARCH FUNCTION TO FILL DATA hsg Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 18th 04 08:24 AM