lbbss

Default Macro or Function to make text size to suite text Length?

I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to suite
text Length?

eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be 10.
But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be as small
as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell.

I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that? thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this
extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change
the font size):
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Within this addin you could specify a condition based on the length of your
cell value. e.g.
=LEN(A1)10
and then choose a smaller font size

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

lbbss wrote:
I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to
suite text Length?

eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be
10. But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be
as small as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell.

I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that?
thanks

Myrna Larson

Hi, Frank:

What about the "Shrink to Fit" option under Format/Cells/Alignment? For me it
does just what the OP is talking about....

Myrna Larson

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:11:45 +0100, "Frank Kabel"
wrote:

Hi
only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this
extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change
the font size):
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Within this addin you could specify a condition based on the length of your
cell value. e.g.
=LEN(A1)10
and then choose a smaller font size

Frank Kabel

Hi Myrny
how embarrasing :-)
Never used this feature before <vbg

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

wrote:

Hi
only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this
extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format
can't change the font size):
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Within this addin you could specify a condition based on the length
of your cell value. e.g.
=LEN(A1)10
and then choose a smaller font size

lbbss