Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Pack via OfficeKB.com

Default Excel Help takes a very long time to load

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is normal operation but Excel 2000 Help takes a very
long time to load. I've tried on several pc's in our company and it takes
the same amount of time. Is there any way to speed up the process of opening
Help? Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

Try this experiment, if you are using network printers, on one workstation,
remove all the network printers and re-install them as local using the IP
address of the printer, see if that speeds things up. It worked for me.

"Sam Pack via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is normal operation but Excel 2000 Help takes a very
long time to load. I've tried on several pc's in our company and it takes
the same amount of time. Is there any way to speed up the process of opening
Help? Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Any suggestions here? I have the same problem.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Try closing excel and cleaning up your windows temp folder--it might help and it
can't hurt.

windows start button|Run
%temp%
is a quick way to get there.

And here are a couple of sites that discuss slow performance. The first is by
Charles Williams and the second by David McRitchie:

http://www.decisionmodels.com
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

"Sam Pack via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is normal operation but Excel 2000 Help takes a very
long time to load. I've tried on several pc's in our company and it takes
the same amount of time. Is there any way to speed up the process of opening
Help? Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Sam

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Thanks Dave, I tried that and got rid of all the temp files (I should
do it more often!) and it seems a lot better.

Pete