Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Aladin...HELP!!! Running Averages of last 10 data entries, excluding blank cells

I have a worksheet that I am trying to calculate the a rolling average
of the last 10 days of activity for manhours/tons of steel.
Each worksheet is 1 month of data
Row 1: I have days of the week
Row 2: I have the dates of the month
Row 3: Manhours for the day
Row 4: Tons of Steel
Row 5: Pieces of steel

column 1: Job numbers
column 2: Descripition of rows (manhours, Tons, pieces)
rest of columns are days/dates

again, I want to calculate the average of the last 10 dates of activity
on that job with comparision between manhours per ton, manhours per
piece, sum of total manhours, and to date manhours per ton.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Aladin...HELP!!! Running Averages of last 10 data entries, exclud

Could you show me some typical data ... I'm having difficulty envisioning
what you have in your worksheet.

" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I am trying to calculate the a rolling average
of the last 10 days of activity for manhours/tons of steel.
Each worksheet is 1 month of data
Row 1: I have days of the week
Row 2: I have the dates of the month
Row 3: Manhours for the day
Row 4: Tons of Steel
Row 5: Pieces of steel

column 1: Job numbers
column 2: Descripition of rows (manhours, Tons, pieces)
rest of columns are days/dates

again, I want to calculate the average of the last 10 dates of activity
on that job with comparision between manhours per ton, manhours per
piece, sum of total manhours, and to date manhours per ton.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Barb,

I found a formula that functions if there are less than 30 arguments
within the row, the problem is there are approximately 45. Across the
top of the colums are days and dates.
a typical row of data may look something like the following:

1.5 2.25 3.0 4.5 25.0 9.75 5.5 6.5 4.0 1.0
..5 .25 3.0 2.0
..88 1.5 17.0 2.5 1.6 3.7 5.46 2.1 6.4 .5
4.5 .5 40 11.2
The spaces represent days with no data entered into that specific cell.
Immediately under that initial row of data will be corresponding data
represented in tons. The formula I am looking for will average the
last 10 data entries, regardless of date and average a manhours per ton
answer.

hope this helps