Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change positive to negative number

I'm using Excell 2007 and I need to change a column of positive numbers to
negative numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=-ABS(A1)

"Sandra" wrote:

I'm using Excell 2007 and I need to change a column of positive numbers to
negative numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks!

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=-ABS(A1)

"Sandra" wrote:

I'm using Excell 2007 and I need to change a column of positive numbers to
negative numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=-A1
--
David Biddulph

Sandra wrote:
I'm using Excell 2007 and I need to change a column of positive
numbers to negative numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:36:01 PM UTC-5, Sandra wrote:
I'm using Excell 2007 and I need to change a column of positive numbers to
negative numbers.

I have a huge list of prices and alot are- negative but are't supposed to be, how can I do it to alot at once? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

[Excel 2007]
I have a huge list of prices and alot are- negative
but are't supposed to be, how can I do it to alot at once?

Apply Filter just to show numbers smaller than 0.
Then copy a "-1" to clipboard. Select the filtered result, and choose "Paste
special | Mulitply".
(See
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/mic...ing-in-excel/#,
http://www.mrexcel.com/articles/past...-operation.php)

Alternative:
In an additional column use following formula:
=IF(A2<0;A2*-1;A2)
Then copy this column and paste just values into the other column.

--
Cheers,
Lisa