Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MarkN

Default Copy Excel Chart (including drawn objects) into Word

Hello,

I use Office 2000 and quite frequently copy charts from Excel into Word.
Many of these charts include text boxes and arrows etc. that fall outside the
border of the chart object. Is there a straight forward way of copying the
chart and the additional drawn objects. At the moment I am grouping the
objects prior to copying.
--
Thanks in advance,
MarkN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

If you select the chart before clicking on the drawing tool, the drawn
objects will be encompassed in the chart, so you will not need to group them
with the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"MarkN" wrote in message
Hello,

I use Office 2000 and quite frequently copy charts from Excel into Word.
Many of these charts include text boxes and arrows etc. that fall outside
the
border of the chart object. Is there a straight forward way of copying the
chart and the additional drawn objects. At the moment I am grouping the
objects prior to copying.
--
Thanks in advance,
MarkN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MarkN

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response. I have found that selecting the chart works well
but if you have an object that is partially outside the border of the shape
then those objects don't copy and that is my main concern.
--
Thanks,
MarkN

"MarkN" wrote in message
Hello,

I use Office 2000 and quite frequently copy charts from Excel into Word.
Many of these charts include text boxes and arrows etc. that fall outside
the
border of the chart object. Is there a straight forward way of copying the
chart and the additional drawn objects. At the moment I am grouping the
objects prior to copying.
--
Thanks in advance,
MarkN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Select the chart, then hold shift while selecting the other object. Now do
your copy and paste.