geekgirl33

Default How to stop Excel from automatically selecting cells?

This issue was present in Excel 2000, but only happened once in while. Since
upgrading to 2003 this issue seems to happen to me once a day.

Excel gets into a state that rows and columns are being selected
automatically by moving the mouse. Once in this state, nothing can be
selected within Excel and the only way to kill the process is CAD
(Ctrl-Alt-Del).

No button or wheel on the mouse is used, EXT or Scroll are being used. It
occurs when Excel is opened and the mouse is click on any cell. Once Excel
is in this state, the only solution is to CAD and then reboot the entire
system. My system is not the only one experiencing this issue so
reinstalling I do not believe will fix this problem.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Jenny
Anne Troy

Hi, Jen. Try this: