Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mel Mel is offline

Default How to have row color change based on one cell to 4 colors

I have a spreadsheet that will have up to 20,000 lines on it.
A1:K20000. Cell I2 is the cell that I use for the line color.
It will have 4 possible options. 'I', "H", "O", "C".
(Would like to use a drop down list if that would work with the line
formatting.)

H=Red (#40), O=pale yellow(36), I=green, C=light blue

I know I cannot use conditional formatting as I have 4 colors.
Not exactly sure how to write up the code for this one.
Any help would be most appreciated.
thx

Mel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

set the cells to one of those colours by default, then use CF on the other 3
values/colours.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips