Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate a continuous percent of attendance -if then using count.

I am setting up an attendance form that will calculate a continous percentage
of attendance. Perfect attendance per day is 8 hours. If the instructor is
entering the 3rd day of attendance, the sum of the student's hours should be
divided by perfect attendance for 3 days, or 24, on the 4th day, it should be
divided by 32 etc.

=sum(b3:y3)/sum(b1:y1) where row 1 is the perfect attendance does not
work as I need a way for the computer to determine how many days the
instructor has filled in, without them having to fill in counter information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate a continuous percent of attendance -if then using co

Thank you sooooo much!!! It is working beautifully.

I have never tried posting a question before -- wow!! Again thank you, I
will definately try this again as needed.

"Toppers" wrote:

Try:

=SUMIF(B3:Y3,"0")/(COUNTIF(B3:Y3,"0")*8)

HTH