Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rayo K

Default Can't copy & paste - "merged cells must be identically sized"

I have a spreadsheet with three rows of IDENTICALLY SIZED merged cells
consisting of 1 row and 2 columns, stacked in rows. The row height for all
three rows is 40. The column widths a D, 26.57 E, 5.14. The three cells
represent the top three issues on a summary sheets and so the contents
frequently move up and down. I cannot copy and paste. Whenever I try, it says
"This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized". But they
are identically sized! What else could it be referring to other than the row
height and column widths? Is there some other property Excel wants me to make
equal that it calls "size"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mudraker

Rayo

Merged cell sizes refers to the number of cells that are merged
together

eg a1 to c1, a1 to d4

If you try and paste into an area that has merged cells and what you
are copying is not the same or larger size than the meged cells then
you will get the error message that you are getting

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473