Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Adding text box to pie chart

I have a pie chart on an EXCEL tab that charts 10 different pieces of data
from another tab in the same workbook. I need to show a total of these 10
pieces of data on the chart. The total is available in a cell on the tab
with my data.

When I add a text box with a link to the data onto the chart, the data
appears. However, as soon as I click off the chart, the text box with the
data disappears

How can I get the text box with data to remain on the chart. I've read
through some of the other similar posts but can't seem get their solutions to
work for me. This seems like such a simple problem but it's driving me
crazy. HELP!!
--
Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need to attach the text box to the chart. The simplest way to do this is
to activate the chart (click on it) BEFORE using the Drawing tool to make
the text box.

BTW: the objects in Excel that hold data are "worksheets"; "tabs" are the
little-bitty thing we use to go from one worksheet to another. Using the
right terminology helps us communicate with each other and to effectively
use the Help facility.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"steph" wrote in message
I have a pie chart on an EXCEL tab that charts 10 different pieces of data
from another tab in the same workbook. I need to show a total of these 10
pieces of data on the chart. The total is available in a cell on the tab
with my data.

When I add a text box with a link to the data onto the chart, the data
appears. However, as soon as I click off the chart, the text box with the
data disappears

How can I get the text box with data to remain on the chart. I've read
through some of the other similar posts but can't seem get their solutions
work for me. This seems like such a simple problem but it's driving me
crazy. HELP!!
--
Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Bernard, thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but still can't get
the text box to remain on the screen after I click off of it. Would you be
able to take a look at it if I emailed it to you off-line?
--
Thanks so much!