piddilin

Default Keyboard Shortcut to move to top of column in worksheet?

What is the keyboard shortcut to move to the top of a column? Also what is
the keybord shortcut to get to the bottom of a column (of my worksheet) not
row 65,536)?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Keyboard Shortcut to move to top of column in worksheet?

To move to the top of a column in a worksheet, use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Home". This will take you to the first cell of the worksheet, which is typically cell A1. From there, you can use the arrow keys to move to the top of the desired column.

To move to the bottom of a column in a worksheet, use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + End". This will take you to the last cell of the worksheet that contains data. If you have data in column A, for example, and you want to go to the bottom of that column, "Ctrl + End" will take you to the last row that contains data in column A. If you want to go to the bottom of a specific column, you can first navigate to the top of that column using "Ctrl + Home", and then use the arrow keys to move to the bottom of the column.
  1. Press "Ctrl + Home" to go to the first cell of the worksheet.
  2. Use the arrow keys to move to the top of the desired column.
  3. Press "Ctrl + End" to go to the last cell of the worksheet that contains data.
  4. Use the arrow keys to move to the bottom of the desired column.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
cvgairport

There are commands to do what you described. The ones that I know about arre
the old Lotus navigational commands such as {End}{Up} and {End}{Down} to move
up and down a column of data. To access these handy commands you must go to
the Tools/Options command. On the transition tab, in the middle, click on
the Transition Navigation keys. That should restore all the Lotus
navigational commands including {Home} to get to cell A1 and tab to move
across the screen one window at a time.

Hope this helps,

Amy

"piddilin" wrote:

What is the keyboard shortcut to move to the top of a column? Also what is
the keybord shortcut to get to the bottom of a column (of my worksheet) not
row 65,536)?

Max

Try:

CTRL + Up arrow
CTRL + Down arrow

--
Rgds
Max
"piddilin" wrote in message
What is the keyboard shortcut to move to the top of a column? Also what is
the keybord shortcut to get to the bottom of a column (of my worksheet)

not
row 65,536)?

piddilin

Some cells in the column are blank so CTRL+Up arrow, etc. only goes to the
next nonblank cell.

"Max" wrote:

Try:

CTRL + Up arrow
CTRL + Down arrow

--
Rgds
Max
"piddilin" wrote in message
What is the keyboard shortcut to move to the top of a column? Also what is
the keybord shortcut to get to the bottom of a column (of my worksheet)

not
row 65,536)?

Max

Agreed, but you could just keep holding down CTRL,
and continue to tap the Up / Down arrow ?

Alternatively,
press CTRL+End, then use Left arrow
press CTRL+Home, then use Right arrow

Not sure if there's a direct keystroke combo to do as you want

Try browsing Chip's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm

and Debra's:
http://www.contextures.com/excel.htm
--
Rgds
Max
"piddilin" wrote in message
Some cells in the column are blank so CTRL+Up arrow, etc. only goes to the
next nonblank cell.

Junior Member

Smile

Try Ctrl+home.