Jim POLL

Default Show colour on screen in Excel as printed in Excel

Using Microsoft Windows XP (including updates) and Excel in Office 2003. When
requiring background colour for cell and/or colour for type in cell, I can
set it using either the "format" tab or the format keys in the toolbar and in
both cases when I do this and print the result all is fine, however, the
problem is no indication of the colours chosen is shown at any time on screen
(as used ok in Windows 98 and as seen on other users XP. Please advise what
to set, unset, or both as required to achieve my aim. Many thanks. Jim

Tom Hannan

Right on the button - mnay thanks Gord!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jim

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

Gord Dibben Excel MVP