Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JWarnick-SHH

Default How do I make a text box accessible in a protected Excel sheet?

I inserted check boxes into my worksheet using the Forms toolbar. These
appear in text boxes and I have them linked to certain cells. The worksheet
is setup so that certain cell ranges can only be accessed by certain users
based off their network logon. The cells that the check boxes are linked to
are included in these ranges, but once I protect the worksheet it doesn't let
them activate the check boxes.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

When you protect the sheet, from the list of options that are allowed
for editing be sure to check Edit Objects. That will allow users to
activate the check boxes.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JWarnick-SHH

I do have that selected, but it's still not working. Any other suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

And the linked cells for those check boxes are part of the range of
cells that the designated users are able to edit? Are you having one
of those users test it or are you testing it yourself? I believe that
if you did not include yourself in the list of users that are able to
edit those cells, it won't allow you to edit them once the sheet is
protected. Otherwise, I am not sure what it could be. I am sure
someone in this group can offer up other suggestions though.

HTH
Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522819

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JWarnick-SHH

Yes to all the above. I've tried changing the protection on the check boxes,
I've tried sending them to the front...I've tried everything I can logically
think of with no luck. It's driving me nuts!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Sorry I couldn't offer any more suggestions. I created a test workbook
following your example and then had one of my designated users edit the
check boxes from their computer without an issue.

One thing I did notice was that when I set the password to edit, I
selected Deny if the user did not provide the password. The only issue
with doing that is if the user is a member of more than one group and
their permissions in the other group are set to Deny for that range
then the Deny takes precedence over the Allow which would not allow
that user to edit the range. Could that be the issue?

Steve