WTG

Default Excel window in spread sheet?

Yesterday I seen a spread sheet that would really work for me.
But I don't know how it was done. I'm hoping someone can help.

On the top of the spread sheet was several fields.
(...Invoice#, Customer name, item, cost, ect...)

Below that was a window with another spread sheet in side it.
This one had the same information for multiple customers. all the
information for each invoice was in one row.

When you clicked on A1, or A5 so on and so on. the fields above the
window filled with the proper numbers.

any ideas,

is this something that can be done in excel or is this an addon to
excel

Thanks for the help

WTG

JulieD

Hi

i guess it could be done in excel - using VBA .. .however, an alternative
that you might like to check out, is select a record in a list (like the
customer invoices) and choose data / form ....

with your original request, could you describe in more detail how the top
section looked and the bottom section ... was the screen split (windows /
split) or what the top "frozen" (windows / freeze pane) or did the top bit
look a bit like the data / form mentioned above?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"WTG" wrote in message

Yesterday I seen a spread sheet that would really work for me.
But I don't know how it was done. I'm hoping someone can help.

On the top of the spread sheet was several fields.
(...Invoice#, Customer name, item, cost, ect...)

Below that was a window with another spread sheet in side it.
This one had the same information for multiple customers. all the
information for each invoice was in one row.

When you clicked on A1, or A5 so on and so on. the fields above the
window filled with the proper numbers.

any ideas,

is this something that can be done in excel or is this an addon to
excel

Thanks for the help

WTG

WTG

Thanks for the reply Julie,

The top half of the screen looked like an invoice. ( ie.

customer name _____________ Date _________
Customer address __________ Invoice # ___________

Units Description Cost Total
1 fan - black $10.00 $10.00
2 This or That $ 5.00 $10.00
SubTotal
GST
PST
Total.

The second half of the screen was a spread sheet ( ie
A B C E
1 Customer Address Fan-black 1
2 Customer Address
....ect

If you clicked on custome name or invoice it had a drop down list,
pick the one you want and all the fields filled in with that ivoice
information.

Or if you scrolled down the spread sheet and clicked on one of the
rows it filled in the fields.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:13:51 +0800, "JulieD"
wrote:

Hi

i guess it could be done in excel - using VBA .. .however, an alternative
that you might like to check out, is select a record in a list (like the
customer invoices) and choose data / form ....

with your original request, could you describe in more detail how the top
section looked and the bottom section ... was the screen split (windows /
split) or what the top "frozen" (windows / freeze pane) or did the top bit
look a bit like the data / form mentioned above?

JulieD

Hi

If you clicked on custome name or invoice it had a drop down list,
pick the one you want and all the fields filled in with that ivoice
information.

-- this can be achieved with Data / Validation and the VLOOKUP function

Or if you scrolled down the spread sheet and clicked on one of the
rows it filled in the fields.

-- this needs VBA code to implement it - have you worked with VBA at all?

i have a sample invoicing workbook that uses Data / Validation and VLOOKUP
to populate an invoice that you might be interested in ... if so, email me
direct julied_ng at hcts dot net dot au

--
Cheers
JulieD