dharmik

Default Continuous series plot

I am trying to plot concentration vs. time.

My conc. values are hourly recorded values i.e. 24 readings in a day.

I want the plot to show,

Y - axis as concentration
X - axis as dates, i.e. 8/1 8/2 8/3 8/4 etc.

In between 8/1 and 8/2 all the 24 points should be plotted, same for
8/2 and 8/3,and so on.
So it should be a continuous plot of data points. but as i mentioned
xaxis should show only the dates and not each hour.

can someone tell me how to do this labeling or is there some way to
plot it.

thank you all for the help.

demi.

--
dharmik
dharmik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25463

Jon Peltier

Excel stores dates as whole numbers and times as fractions (of a day). Put your
date-time values together in one column, in a convenient format, like

October 3, 2005 2:00 pm

When you make your chart, use this date-time range as your X values, and make an XY
chart, NOT a line chart. The XY chart treats the date-time as continuously variable,
while the line chart only recognizes the integer part, or the day but not the time.

Finally, when formatting the chart's axis, enter dates as the min and max, and use a
major unit of 1 (or another whole number).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services