CNGracin

Default How would I change a date cell to decrease it by business days?

What I would like to be able to do in MS Excel (2002) is this and Im not
sure if its possible. How would I take a date field in Excel and decrease
that date by three BUSINESS days? Im filling in the blanks on a large
roll-out schedule and would rather not if possible manually calculate several
hundred dates.

Example:
The first final date of completion for the project would be Monday
1/17/2005. This date appears in cell C2.

I need to show on a schedule that three business days before there will be
an installation visit. The result would be Wednesday 1/12/04. This would
appear in cell B2.

Is there a valid expression for =C2 €“ (3 business day?)

Frank Kabel

Hi
=WORKDAY(C2,-3)

Note: The Analysis Toolpak Addin must be installed for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"CNGracin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
What I would like to be able to do in MS Excel (2002) is this and Im
not
sure if its possible. How would I take a date field in Excel and
decrease
that date by three BUSINESS days? Im filling in the blanks on a large
roll-out schedule and would rather not if possible manually calculate
several
hundred dates.

Example:
The first final date of completion for the project would be Monday
1/17/2005. This date appears in cell C2.

I need to show on a schedule that three business days before there will be
an installation visit. The result would be Wednesday 1/12/04. This would
appear in cell B2.

Is there a valid expression for =C2 €“ (3 business day?)

CNGracin

Thank you for the quick response... but that returned a invalid name error.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Is there a valid expression for =C2 €€œ (3 business day?)

Frank Kabel

Hi
as stated: You have to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin (goto 'Tools-
Addins' and tick this addin)