Jessica

Default using VLOOKUP to compare 2 columns to find new information

I have 2 worksheets, one of them contains a large number of accounts and then
the second one has new figures that I can add to the first worksheet.
Sometimes the second sheet will have new accounts on them but it is mixed in
with the other 4,000 so its very difficult to find the new accounts. Right
now Im copying and pasting the account numbers and comparing them to the
ones on the first sheet. Is there anything I can do to make searching for new
accounts easier? Possibly using a VLOOKUP function to compare the account
numbers to the ones on the master sheet to find new accounts?
Bob Phillips

In the second worksheet, assuming the accounts are in column A, in column B,
add

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,B1)=0,"New","")

and copy down

will show the new accounts

--

HTH

RP

"Jessica" wrote in message
I have 2 worksheets, one of them contains a large number of accounts and

then
the second one has new figures that I can add to the first worksheet.
Sometimes the second sheet will have new accounts on them but it is mixed

in
with the other 4,000 so its very difficult to find the new accounts. Right
now I'm copying and pasting the account numbers and comparing them to the
ones on the first sheet. Is there anything I can do to make searching for

new
accounts easier? Possibly using a VLOOKUP function to compare the account
numbers to the ones on the master sheet to find new accounts?

Morrigan

Make a helper column at the end of your second sheet (the one that
contains new accounts) and do this:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A$1:K$4000,0)),"new"," ") (Copy it down)

Hope it helps.

Jessica Wrote:
I have 2 worksheets, one of them contains a large number of accounts and
then
the second one has new figures that I can add to the first worksheet.
Sometimes the second sheet will have new accounts on them but it is
mixed in
with the other 4,000 so its very difficult to find the new accounts.
Right
now Im copying and pasting the account numbers and comparing them to
the
ones on the first sheet. Is there anything I can do to make searching
for new
accounts easier? Possibly using a VLOOKUP function to compare the
account
numbers to the ones on the master sheet to find new accounts?

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388133

Ashish Mathur

Assuming data is in A3:A5 in sheet 1 and in A3:A5 of sheet 2 (Names1). In
B1 of sheet 1, enter the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=OR(EXACT(A3,Names1!$A$3:A5))

The repeated ones will be called TRUE else FALSE

Regards