Jeremy S

Default Activating a Hyperlink

In Excel 2000 I could activate a hyperlink by selecting the cell and pressing
"enter". In Excel 2003, I can only activate hyperlinks by left-click with
mouse; "enter" only moves to another cell. Is there a keystroke in 2003 to
activate a hyperlink?

Jeremy S

If "enter" worked in an earlier version, there has got to be a way to turn
that feature back on. Is there some VBA code that I could use. I've tried
several "applications", but I don't know enough about it to make it work.
Does anybody know a keystroke for the left-click on a mouse?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Nope. You have to click.

Jeremy S wrote:

In Excel 2000 I could activate a hyperlink by selecting the cell and pressing
"enter". In Excel 2003, I can only activate hyperlinks by left-click with
mouse; "enter" only moves to another cell. Is there a keystroke in 2003 to
activate a hyperlink?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

You could use some VBA to follow the hyperlink when the cell is selected--but
that means via a mouse or via the arrow keys or via the name box.

I don't think that there's a way to turn it back on--but maybe someone can post
it if they've found it. (And if you find it, post back, too.)

Jeremy S wrote:

If "enter" worked in an earlier version, there has got to be a way to turn
that feature back on. Is there some VBA code that I could use. I've tried
several "applications", but I don't know enough about it to make it work.
Does anybody know a keystroke for the left-click on a mouse?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Nope. You have to click.