maashoff

Default Help, Urgent Excel Formulas are not calculating

First.. the answer is yes I have Auto Calculation's on.

I am running a macro that toggles auto calc on and off. Appartenly, I have
either confused or corrupted excel.

In a nut shell after the macro has run.. my formulas to not work.. very
simple formulas like = A8, do not work. I can change the value in cell A8
and my root formula does not change. Unless I physically go into the cell
that the formula is and manuall hit enter from the fromula window.

The only global fix I have found is to save the filename as a differnt file.
This seems to prompt excel to register the formulas and they update.
However, this only works for that one instance. What I mean is If I simply
re-open the file, without doing anything else.. the formulas are not active.
I..e save and 1 time the formulas update.. if I open and type in a new result
in cell A8.. the formula does not change?

Please help? This is part of a huge project I have been working on at work
and my deliverable is this week!!!!!
Gord Dibben

It is possible that whatever else your macro is doing it is also re-formatting
the formula cells to Text.

By going into the cell and hitting ENTER you are re-re-formatting back to
General Format and the formulas work.

Either re-write the macro or add a find and replace to it.

Select all formula cells and EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace All and your formulas will calculate properly.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP