Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Error Publishing Interactive Content

I have a very simple spreadsheet that I created for my son to practice his
multiplication. The cells thhat he places the product in have validation on
them. The validation is just to allow a whole number equal to =A1*A2. If he
enters an incorrect value, ie; something other than the sum in the
validation, a message is displayed.

I was going to save it as a web page with interactive content, but when I do
and try to run it I get the following error:
The Microsoft Office Spreadsheet Component could not load the XML data.

Validation Load Error: In the XML definition of this spreadsheet, the
DataValidation element for Range Whole contains the following error: A value
specified for either the <Min (

If you click OK, you get a blank spreadsheet.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
--
JE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Jeff,

In the XML definition of the Excel spreadsheet, the data validation value =A1*A2 (or another formula) is not supported. Please save the
file as a normal *.xls file instead or replace the data validation value as an exact value (such as 3) instead of a formula.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

--------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Jeff,

Hi ,

I would appreciate it if you could drop me a note to let me know the status of the issue in the thread. If you have any questions or
concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of assistance. :)
--------------------
By the way, I will be out of office during Jan 28th to Feb 5th.

If you have any reply, please reply to the newsgroup and my backup engineer will reply you as soon as possible. In addition, if you need
to send log files/screen shots via emails, please email it to the address . Thanks for your understanding.
--------------------

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! -
www.microsoft.com/security

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

From: (Emily Lin)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:07:09 GMT
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup