Gerrym

Default Comparing data in tables

I have two Tables, A and B. Both have the same
structures, keys etc. Both are downloads from another
Table at different times. I would like to be able to
compare the data in these two tables to highlight the
different records. Can anyone advise how to do this,
please.

Gerry
Bob Phillips

I would use conditional formatting with a formula like

=COUNTIF($H$1:$H$1000,A1)0

for the first and

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,H1)0

in the other

and set a cell colour (pattern)

--

HTH

RP

"Gerrym" wrote in message
I have two Tables, A and B. Both have the same
structures, keys etc. Both are downloads from another
Table at different times. I would like to be able to
compare the data in these two tables to highlight the
different records. Can anyone advise how to do this,
please.

Gerry

Myrna Larson

Use conditional formatting:

Let's say the tables are in A1:D100 and G1:J100, respectively.

Select A1:D100, with A1 the active cell, then Format/Conditional Formatting.
In the first box, select Formula Is (instead of Cell Value Is), and in the
formula box type =A1<G1, and select a format.

Then select G1:J100, and repeat the above steps. (The formula is the same for
both areas.)