Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to create multiple Pivot tables at once

Hi all. Here is my question,

I have 14 Pivot Tables on this report that I make fairly often...7 tabs, 2
Pivot Tables per tab. Basically, each tab is a region in the US, and 2
different Pivot Tables for different types of inventory. Now, I 'could' just
program a macro to do this in vba fairly easily, however, there has to be a
way to duplicate a Pivot Table easily without having to run through the Pivot
Table Wizard everysingle time...

Is there a way to create multiple Pivot Tables, or copy them quickly?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can copy the range that contains the first pivot table, then paste
it in the other worksheets, and change the layout or selected items. All
the pivot tables will be based on the same source data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"I have 14 Pivot Tables on this report that I make fairly often".
.. if all PTs are based on the same data can you put the data in one
sheet, "name" the range that contains the data and use that range name
as the pivot table source. Whenever you change the data in the named
range and refresh, _all_ the pivot tables will show the new data.

--
steven1001
steven1001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30757